Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
PROFIL DE POSTE
Title of position:
Déplacements nécessaires : oui
Number of positions: 02
Working in 54 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan International aims to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalized with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing its income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively. Plan International is committed to responding to children affected by emergencies in the countries of our operation.
DIMENSIONS DU ROLE
Program Intern: In addition to learning and putting into practice what has been learned during training, the post holder will be called upon to provide support in carrying out the various activities of the office
Under the supervision of the procurement assistant, the interns shall amongst other tasks:
- Set specific learning objectives at the beginning of the internship based on which they will be reporting at the end of the period;
- Assist in the stamping of payment vouchers;
- Assist in Filing in Finance and Admin department;
- Assist the Admin to follow up vehicle repairs and refueling of Plan International’s cars;
- Assist in the delivery of tender documents and transmission of mails;
- Give support for the purchase and supply of goods and materials;
- Prepares Offers for Bids in accordance with the bidding guidelines and coordinates activities of selection committee;
- Ensure the effective management of store to ensure the effective implementation of program activities with no reports or incidents on mismanagement of store;
- Follow-up with the driver the vehicle maintenance;
- Screens incoming calls and properly divert calls to concerned party; be responsible for handling all incoming and outgoing calls for an efficient flow of communication;
- Screens incoming and out coming visitors / mails to facilitate contact;
- Reception of visitors and directing them appropriately;
- Reception of mails and parcels and ensure that they are appropriately dispatched without delay;
- Responsible for providing secretarial support to the office including;
- Ensuring that there is a proper filing system for incoming and outgoing mails and other documents for the core management;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals;
- Carry out internship while respecting Plan’s Program principles and Professional ethics;
- Perform/Carryout duties/activities assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree or Two years University Certificate (e.i BTS- DEUG) in Accounting, Finance, Administration or related fields;
- Some minimum experience of purchasing, maintaining inventories and materials;
- Computer skills will be an added advantage;
- Ability to use general office equipment such photocopiers, printers etc…
- Experience working with an international NGO would be an advantage.
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
Niveau de contact avec les enfants : faible
Closing Date: 27th January 2022
NB: Apply here: https://jobs.plan-international.org/job/Maroua-Administrative-Intern/764639201/
How do I land myself for a job? Making your resume stand out? Register for Akwajobs Coaching at https://forms.gle/qbKTS5ntCyiWGqw47
Be confident, performant & get promoted. Register for Akwajobs Coaching at https://forms.gle/qbKTS5ntCyiWGqw47
Prepping for an interview? Want to seal the job? 90% SUCCESS - TALK TO A COACH 681 390 326
Comment puis-je décrocher un emploi ? Faire ressortir votre CV ? Inscrivez-vous au coaching Akwajobs chez https://forms.gle/qbKTS5ntCyiWGqw47
Soyez confiant, performant et obtenez une promotion. Inscrivez-vous au coaching Akwajobs chez https://forms.gle/qbKTS5ntCyiWGqw47
Vous préparez un entretien ? Vous voulez sceller le travail? 90% DE SUCCÈS - PARLEZ À UN COACH 681 390 326
NB: Les recrutements au Cameroun sont gratuits, prenez garde si des frais vous sont demandés et n'envoyez jamais de l'argent par transfert électronique (MOMO ou OM), ni de pièces personnelles comme votre CNI
Recruitments in Cameroon are free, be careful if fees are requested and never send money by electronic transfer (MOMO or OM), or personal documents like your CNI