Accounts Payable Officer at Vodacom Business Cameroon
Accounts Payable Officer
Department: Finance Department
Band H/Category 9 Location: Douala
Reports to: Finance Manager
Type of Contract: Permanent
Vodacom Offers total communication services to multinationals and local organisations operating in Africa and the World. We provide fixed connectivity, dedicated internet access, cloud and virtual private network (VPN)services to our customers, including on-net MPLS coverage all backed up by the support of our centralised Pan-African Client Operations Centre in South Africa.
Vodacom Business Cameroon has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Accounts Payable Officer to join her dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual who is looking to advance his/her career and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
The Accountant will provide vital support to the Finance Manager to ensure commercial, cost management, reporting (IFRS and GAAP) and tax compliance to ensure ongoing transformation of finance unit. Responsibilities will include general ledger, accounts payable, financial reporting, local GAAP and Cost Management.
- General ledger management and reconciliation. Ensure that balance sheet reconciliations are completed for review by the Finance Manager on a monthly basis
- Assisting in timely completion of the high quality monthly reports; Support month and year end close process; adherence to monthly closing checklist and closing calendar;
- Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual management reports; Ensure timely and accurate closure of books (IFRS and OHADA)
- Assist in ensuring timely completion of Internal and External Audits. Respond to queries from auditors and ensure implementation of all recommendations raised during the audit;
- Assist in the provision of financial analysis and preparation of annual budgets, forecasts and projections;
- Manage fixed assets, completing standardized forms to set up entries on the fixed asset register, or in the asset management system; Liaise with stores/logistics to coordinate physical inventory process for fixed assets and stock;
- Produce & deliver monthly & quarterly cost and management reports to support financial and operations performance reviews
- Manage supplier relations; Review supplier invoices for appropriate documentation, billing, existence of service, adherence to SLA agreements and approval prior to payment
- Identify and implement cost management and savings target as directed by Finance Manager
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competency Requirements
- University degree preferably in Finance/Accounting. ACCA Part Qualified or any professional certification will be an added advantage
- Fluency in English & French business communication
- 3 -5 years’ general ledger, reporting and OHADA experience
- Strong Excel knowledge is a must and experience with ERP systems (preferably SAGE, SAP Business) is an advantage
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
Communications and Work Relationships
- Internal: All staff
- External: Suppliers, Auditors, Tax Consultants
- Other Business Units: Group Reporting and Consolidation units
All Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Please note that this vacancy is due on Thursday 6th February 2020.