The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Cameroon Seeks an Accountant
Reports to: Head of Accounting
Duration: Fixed term
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working with WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime:
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our lifesupport system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do:
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
For our country programme office in Cameroon, we are looking for a dynamic and committed Junior Accountant who can support in various tasks in the Finance Department.
Mission of the Department:
In a spirit of excellence, integrity and dedication, the Finance & Administration Department is committed to providing timely, accurate, clear and complete information and support for a high performing WWF Cameroon Program Office (CCPO) with efficient and effective Financial & Accounting operations, Logistics and IT services, systems, internal controls as well as a sound management of financial resources to delivering conservation activities and overall strategic plan.
The Accountant corrects, processes and reconciles a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, program billings, employee reimbursements, cash receipts and vendor statements; review financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports; prepare bank signatory updates, prepares consultant contracts and grants, compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process payments and documents such as invoices, journal vouchers, employee reimbursements, and statements;
- Enter, update, and/or retrieve accounting data from automated systems;
- Assign codes to data;
- Prepare financial reports (donors and Management) for the projects assigned to him/her;
- Determine content and assemble data in order to prepare monthly reports for review;
- Pre-audit, verify, and process employee expense claims reviewing rule for employee compliance;
- Establish and revise work methods, forms, formats, and standards to improve operating efficiency;
- Assure that the work meets quality and production standards by reviewing the work for accuracy and proper completion and monitoring output;
- File and/or remove records and reports;
- Assist in the timely closing of monthly account by ensuring cash management, accounts payable and General Ledger data is up to date;
- Assist in preparing cost recovery journals and upload in the Oracle system;
- Perform the following Oracle roles: AP User, GL User and use AGIS;
- Prepare bank reconciliations and conduct analysis of general ledger accounts manually and in the Oracle system;
- Maintain proper control over various financial records such as commitments and expenditures against budgeted amounts; initiate actions related to the following: general financial information, travel payments, and procurement transactions;
- Verify vendor claims for accuracy and conformance with WWF finance rules and regulations; perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that goods have been received or services rendered; and ensure timely recording and processing of vendor invoices in Oracle;
- Carry out analysis of Interco accounts;
- Monitor vendor advances and other receivables and ensure timely clearance of vendor outstanding items, taking corrective follow up actions where required;
- Prepare bank signatory updates in conformity with approved signatory matrix and WWF bank management procedures;
- With Logistics, coordinate the inventory of the asset register and enter it into the system;
- Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Compétences / Exigences / Qualités
- BSc Degree in Accounting/finance or a related filed and a professional accounting qualification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) is required;
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible professional experience in financial accounting, preferably in an international environment (NGO or Company);
- Experience working with government and donors;
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, particularly advanced level in MS excel is required;
- Experience in using ERP system is highly desirable.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems. Knowledge of Oracle would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and database software;
- Knowledge of general record keeping and filing systems;
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system updates and revisions, and policy changes;
- Ability to reconcile and/or balance financial transactions and accounts;
- Ability to manage contracts and update bank signatories
- Ability to assist others in solving work problems;
- High ethics and a personal commitment to transparency and accountability;
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Courage, Respect, Integrity & Collaboration.
- Internal: CCPO Finance staff, Finance & Administration Officer, the Regional Finance Team, WWF Cameroon managers and project staff;
- External: Donors, partners and other stakeholders, if appropriate.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted five (5) days after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
Deadline for applications: 04th October 2022.
We are pleased to introduce to you our Professional CV/Resume, Cover Letters writing services and LinkedIn profile Optimization for all those in search of both National and International Jobs. We have a track record of our CV/Resumes, Cover Letters and well Made-over LinkedIn profiles changing lives in Cameroon and beyond. Book a free consultation with us now for your CVs/ Cover Letter and LinkedIn Profiles optimization at +237674542410.
In need of job search assistance too? Do not hesitate, just book a free consultation and get the help you desire to land your next dream job
Nous avons le plaisir de vous présenter nos services de rédaction de CV/Resume, de lettres de motivation et d'optimisation de profils LinkedIn pour tous ceux qui sont à la recherche d'emplois nationaux et internationaux. Nous avons un historique de nos CV/Resumes, lettres de motivation et profils LinkedIn bien faits qui ont changé des vies au Cameroun et au-delà. Réservez une consultation gratuite avec nous maintenant pour l'optimisation de vos CV/lettres de motivation et profils LinkedIn au +237674542410.
Vous avez également besoin d'aide pour votre recherche d'emploi ? N'hésitez pas, réservez une consultation gratuite et obtenez l'aide dont vous avez besoin pour décrocher l'emploi de vos rêves.