A Gender Project Manager
The Cameroon Red Cross and the French Red Cross are recruiting
A Gender Project Manager in Maroua
Gender Project Manager
Head of Sub-Delegation
Maroua, Far North Region
According to the service schedule
Duration of the mission
Fixed-term contract (7 months) renewable
Desired arrival date
As soon as possible
Number of positions
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The French Red Cross (CRf) and the Cameroon Red Cross (CRC) are humanitarian associations, auxiliary to the public authorities, which provide aid and assistance to vulnerable people.
Since 2010, the French Red Cross (CRf) has been present in Cameroon and intervenes in the areas of health, nutrition and food security and livelihoods (SAME) in the East and South regions. 'Far North.
Replacement at the post.
Presentation of the position
Job Purpose / Summary
Under the responsibility and supervision of the Head of Sub-Delegation, the Project Manager is responsible for the implementation and smooth running of the project. To do this :
- He/she ensures the planning and coordination of project activities.
- He/she ensures the adequacy and maintenance of the quality management systems with regard to the requirements of the donor, in order to guarantee the proper implementation of the planned activities, in the constant respect of the values ??and the vision of the CRf.
- He/she is the technical focal point of the Cameroon delegation on the theme of protection, gender and inclusion (PGI)
This position is open to people with the required profile and the successful candidate must reside in Maroua by his own means; it is therefore not subject to relocation. The candidate selected at the end of the recruitment process cannot therefore claim the status of relocated employee.
Operational coordination of the project;
- She/He ensures the implementation of the strategy taking into account gender inequalities; the prevention and response to gender-based violence promoted by the CRF around resilience through governance, the socio-economic empowerment of women and young people, the accessibility of SSR SMI GBV services and advocacy;
- She/He ensures a good understanding of gender standards and mechanisms and empowerment of women and young people in the areas covered by the project;
- She/He supports the definition and strategic orientations of the project activities;
- She/He ensures the planning and implementation of activities in the areas of intervention, of the project under his/her responsibility, ensuring the participation and involvement of each actor and actress;
- It works in very close partnership with the national company for better sustainability;
- She/He ensures the implementation of activities, monitoring and evaluation of activities related to gender and empowerment in the field;
- She/He advocates gender equality;
- She/He ensures that gender and women's empowerment issues are taken into account in the implementation of project activities;
- She/He ensures good collaboration and effective involvement of local authorities in the conduct of activities related to the promotion of gender and empowerment;
- She/He organizes exchange visits on community capacity building for the empowerment of women, girls and young people at the local level;
- She/He regularly conducts field visits to support and monitor activities;
- She/He coordinates and does the general management of activities related to gender and economic development (AGR and VSLA) in collaboration with the decentralized technical services;
- It ensures information and complaint feedback mechanisms (CEA) including PEAS;
- It ensures regular monitoring of the qualitative impact on gender effects related to the intervention in Maroua;
- It contributes to social science research carried out on gender and/or gender and health and/or gender and risk and disaster management in Maroua and even more widely in Cameroon;
- She/He initiates calls for tenders and terms of reference for the implementation of project activities if necessary;
- She/He works in close collaboration with the logistics, finance, administration and program teams;
- She/He supports the definition and strategic orientations of the project activities;
- She/He develops modules and facilitates training sessions for CRF staff, gender partners;
- She/He contributes to the writing of proposals and project concept notes and ensures that gender is taken into account;
- She/He performs other responsibilities or tasks entrusted to her/him by her/his supervisor.
Financial and administrative management
- She/He supports the monitoring of the budget of expenditure activities according to the purchase and expenditure plan established in connection with the activities of the project;
- She/He ensures the implementation and compliance with financial, administrative and logistical procedures by the staff under his/her responsibility.
Human Resource Management
- Ensure the management, supervision and guarantee the cohesion of the project team (resolve potential conflicts)
- Organize and lead project team coordination meetings;
- Develop and propose to the DMI health Nutrition for validation, individual action plans (PAI) of the members of his team;
- Establish in coordination with the teams the leave planning and ensure the implementation;
- Ensure a rotation during the holidays and absences of the teams of the continuity of the implementation of the activities;
- Monitor the individual action plans of its N-1s;
- Carry out the periodic evaluation of N-1 employees according to the evaluation grids and recommendations (assignment, modification of contract or salary, etc.);
- Ensure capacity building and continuous training of project technical staff in their area of ??expertise.
Contribute to the internal and external reporting of the project
- She/He ensures the production of periodic and detailed activity reports of the capacity building component in the promotion of gender equality in accordance with the standards and expectations of the donor or the FIU;
- She/He works in collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation department for the review and consolidation of activity reports;
- She/He supports the production of internal reporting (monthly and quarterly reports) and external (interim donor report) and guarantees the quality of operations;
- She/He supports the identification and drafting of proposals for new programs to be developed;
- She/He produces final technical reports of the activities.
Representation of the FIU at the local level
- She/He protects the image of CRF at all levels;
- She/He makes known the mission of the CRF, She/He participates in the dissemination to partners of the information collected at the local and national level;
- She/He contributes to the quality of relations with partners;
- She/He maintains a high level of transparency and accountability for all relations with partners, authorities and beneficiaries;
- She/He represents meetings at local, regional and national level.
Qualifications and experience
Diploma / Level of study:
- Bac+5, Master 2 or equivalent, in social sciences or other similar disciplines;
- Previous experience in project management (at least 4 years);
- Proven experience in the implementation of projects oriented towards Protection, Gender and Inclusion (at least 2 years);
- Experience of at least 3 years in support and capacity building of CSOs.
Required skills and experience:
- Good communication and feedback;
- Sense of confidentiality;
- Good organizational skills, anticipation and proactivity;
- Rigor, dynamism and diplomacy;
- Good relational and interpersonal skills, ability to manage a diverse team;
- Autonomy and ability to work in difficult contexts in terms of environmental security and workload;
- Have the initiative to promote networks and identify opportunities;
- Have a very good relationship (internal and external);
- Have a team spirit, knowledge sharing, continuous learning;
- Very good teamwork skills;
- Have a capacity for strategic analysis of teamwork;
- Writing skills and experience in project writing and report writing;
- Knowledge and skill in evaluation / social impact;
- Good knowledge or experience of the Red Cross Movement (operation, mandates, etc.);
- A perfect command of the French language;
- A good knowledge of English would be an asset.
Skills and experience preferred:
- Mastery of the Office pack (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Internet, Epi-Info);
- Reporting capacity;
- Have analytical and synthesis skills;
- Knowledge of donor rules and reporting capabilities;
- Knowledge of the multisectoral approach in health/nutrition;
- Good teaching and negotiation skills.
Anyone interested in this offer is asked to send their file in PDF format by email to the address: email@example.com .
It is :
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three professional references
- A cover letter (LM)
Please put in the subject of the submission email: Chef.fe de Projet Genre
Recruitment being urgent, selection and validation will be done as applications are received.
Applications should be addressed to the Head of Delegation of the French Red Cross.
Given the number of files we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each one. Therefore, if you do not hear from us within 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only candidates pre-selected on file will be invited to a written test on the premises of the CRF. Unselected applications will not be returned to applicants.
Anti-terrorist financing and money laundering policy: by applying for this offer, you authorize the CRC/CRf to carry out a check to ensure that you are not on the exclusion lists for receipt of funds from certain governments, international organizations and donors. These checks are carried out before you are offered the job and once a year after you are hired; this in order to prevent risks and meet obligations in terms of the fight against the financing of terrorism and money laundering.
We are pleased to introduce to you our Professional CV/Resume, Cover Letters writing services and LinkedIn profile Optimization for all those in search of both National and International Jobs. We have a track record of our CV/Resumes, Cover Letters and well Made-over LinkedIn profiles changing lives in Cameroon and beyond. Book a free consultation with us now for your CVs/ Cover Letter and LinkedIn Profiles optimization at +237674542410.
In need of job search assistance too? Do not hesitate, just book a free consultation and get the help you desire to land your next dream job
Nous avons le plaisir de vous présenter nos services de rédaction de CV/Resume, de lettres de motivation et d'optimisation de profils LinkedIn pour tous ceux qui sont à la recherche d'emplois nationaux et internationaux. Nous avons un historique de nos CV/Resumes, lettres de motivation et profils LinkedIn bien faits qui ont changé des vies au Cameroun et au-delà. Réservez une consultation gratuite avec nous maintenant pour l'optimisation de vos CV/lettres de motivation et profils LinkedIn au +237674542410.
Vous avez également besoin d'aide pour votre recherche d'emploi ? N'hésitez pas, réservez une consultation gratuite et obtenez l'aide dont vous avez besoin pour décrocher l'emploi de vos rêves.