03 Effluent Treatment Plant Controllers at Guinness Cameroun S.A. (Diageo)
Akwajobs (Douala, Cameroon)
Posted : 5 November, 2019
Job type : Full Time
Effluent Treatment Plant Controller
Job Title: Effluent Treatment Plant Controller (ETP) (Douala)
Reporting to: Maintenance Team Lead
Category: 7 (Level 7)
No of positions: 03
Diageo’s vision creates a powerful mandate for a Continuous Improvement culture, which reinforces strong performance.
- Guinness Brewing & Packaging site operates within a constantly changing environment in terms of cost, volumes and performance.
- Significant change is required to deliver improved people performance and a Continuous Improvement culture. Clear milestones and budgeted performance will be set to deliver these goals.
- To ensure that the ETP operates to its design parameters all of the time and in an environmentally friendly manner
- To apply technical, process, quality maintenance, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimize overall brewery improvement and plant performance, including the Effluent treatment plant.
- To adopt a safe and professional approach to all aspects of the role as an individual/team player.
- Apply Management system procedures related to his/her job or working area
- Participate to Internal quality audits Help to put in place and apply Diageo GRMS and ISO 9001&22000 requirements
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of HND, DUT, BTS or higher qualification in Industrial engineering, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering thermal engineering & any Science subject excluding Biology.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Technical certification will be an advantage (Brewing, Packaging, Engineering or Utilities (as appropriate) and/or a nationally recognized technical qualification.
- Respond to change in a positive and flexible manner and sustain a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges.
- Positive attitude to own development and looks for opportunities to help others learn and develop.
As ETP Controller:
- Maintain and Operate the ETP according to Standard Operating Procedures at all times
- Adhere to all Diageo Guinness Cameroon Hub policies and procedures including safety, health, environment and hygiene to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment.
- Utilize and apply safe systems of working and pro-actively seek opportunities to improve work environment.
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximizing plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner.
- Optimize & deliver best effluent quality, through analysis and continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters.
- Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track.
- Apply record & share learning to prevent re-occurrence.
- Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
- Actively pursue training and development on an individual and team basis and participate in competency based training programs.
- Support other team member development and develop positive relationships with colleagues, including contractors
- Share and apply new skills as acquired, participate in departmental Continuous Improvement /Perfect Plant initiative.
- Consider general opportunities to improve work areas.
- Compile and commentate whatever reports are required – either original reports or those generated automatically.
- This includes status sheets, check sheets, condition monitoring sheets, etc
- Walk-about the ETP equipment’s when machines are running to identify and repair issues or to Supervise issues for onward planned maintenance Practice 5S principles fully
As a global leader in beverage alcohol, our 200+ brands are part of everyday celebrations in over 180 countries. Our ambition? We want to be one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world.
Ever since Arthur Guinness took out a 9,000 year lease on a Dublin brewery, some 250 years ago, we became a business that is defined by the character of the people who work here. It took immense character from Alexander Walker to convince the captains of every ship in the port of Glasgow to take crates of Johnnie Walker to the four corners of the world.
Today, nothing’s changed. We’re proud to be more than 30,000 talented people. While they make our iconic brands ever stronger around the world, we help them go further than they thought possible. In fact, we’re helping to define their career growth through stretching roles and exciting development opportunities.
Diageo is where you’ll find a wide variety of personalities, experiences and perspectives, wherever you’re based in the world. It makes for a stimulating and rewarding working environment, where everyone can flourish.
Join Akwajobs B1 for updates, tips and info (WhatsApp) // Rejoignez Akwajobs B1 pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations (WhatsApp)
Join Akwajobs' Telegram Channel for updates, tips and info // Rejoignez la Chaîne de Akwajobs au Telegram pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations https://t.me/akwajobs
Apply for this job